Monday, October 16, 2006

Would you like fries with your spyware?

McDonalds recently ran a contest for winning a free MP3 player for text messaging a code. It appears that 10,000 people won an MP3 player and couple free songs. What they didn't account for was winning some free spyware with their player. It seems that McDonalds didn't think to carefully choose the vendor that supplied their McDonalds branded MP3 player very well.

This story is early in its bad media cycle so it will be interesting to see how badly it gets spun and how McDonalds will deal with the issue.

Read the entire article HERE.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Thanks for linking to my blog! I was notified by Technorati... Good ol' Technorati. Shame I'm moving URL soon. I'll lose my links too! Don't worry. Old URL will still function fine. (Hopefully!)

October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home