Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oops

Agnitum releases 2008 version of Outpost products

Agnitum has released Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 and Outpost Security Suite 2008, which now also run on Windows Vista. I have used Outpost from the beta stages up until a few weeks ago. Even though I use Opera as my primary browser, there are times that I need to use IE7. Since my last Outpost update this has become almost impossible [Internet Explorer Crashes wl_hook.dll message]. A few users have experienced other problems. Agnitum are aware of these issues but we are all still waiting for a repair. Even though I am entitled to free lifetime upgrades for this utility I would have no problem in dumping this firewall if it turned into a "Norton" [useless resource hog that does not perform].

Firefox 2.0.0.8 update to be updated
The 2.0.0.8 release fixed some 200 issues, but accidentally regressed a few things. Most users won’t see any difference or experience any problems, and those 200 fixes make the 2.0.0.8 update very valuable, but you should never have to choose functionality over security. So we’re working fast to understand and fix these problems, and will shortly be issuing a 2.0.0.9 update to address them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home