Sunday, June 10, 2007

Practical strategies for protecting your data

In my series on RAID technology and why it makes sense for home users, fellow blogger Robin Harris took me to task saying that RAID won’t ever fly in the home. Robin’s main gripe with RAID is that it doesn’t address the backup along with other complaints such as the cost, reliability, and complexity of RAID technology. Robin further argues that RAID gives people the false impression that they don’t need to backup. I have to admit that when I first read Robin’s counter arguments, I was a bit upset with him but I’ve since given it some thought. While I still think he got many things wrong, Robin does bring up a lot good points that need to be debated so I’m going to address his arguments point by point.

Read the article HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home