Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Linux is not an option

The vast majority of PCs spend their entire lives unopened and most of them – the home boxes, anyway - still run the operating system and apps that were installed when it was new. Normal people don't swap motherboards, processors and graphics cards. Normal people don't add extra RAM. Normal people don't upgrade hard disks. For them, a PC is a consumer item like a TV or DVD player – they use it until it breaks then throw it away and replace it with a new one. The great unwashed public simply wasn't – and still isn't – interested in opening a PC.

Read more HERE.


==============================================
Microsoft Vista is not an option


I can not move to Vista, ever. Microsoft is forcing me to Linux.

Read more HERE.


==============================================
Some meanderings on Vista

A few errant thoughts on Vista. Now -- don't get me wrong, I'm not a Vista basher, I actually think they've done some impressive things with this operating system. I'm just thinking some thoughts out-loud here. Personally, I'll stick with XP for some time until all the kinks are worked out.

Read more HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home