Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I would like to wish all the readers of my blog a very Merry Christmas. And, if you are also lucky enough to have a few days free from work, then I hope you take the chance to enjoy that time during the coming holiday period.

The Blog : Regular readers will know that I live in Australia [16 hrs ahead of New York time] and blog 7 days a week. As most of the news sources are from the US, some of my stories are "old", but many - especially during the weekend - are hot of the press. Which raises a question I have often asked myself. Nearly all the major security news websites only work 5 days a week. News is a 7 day a week job. I find that many of the stories I covered during the weekend appear as major items on these websites first thing Monday. Why is it so ? [with apologies to
Prof. J.S. Miller]

I'm a blogger... not a journalist : Barring something sensational, I expect it to be a very quiet week [for original stories] on the news front during the next week. So what can you expect here in the next week ? I will probably go off topic [again] with some interesting thoughts, ideas, programmes and websites. But hey, it's the holiday season, nothing else is open, and you might even find some of the stuff interesting, or useful, or even both.

Have a safe and happy Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home